Cantaloupe and Prociutto Arugula Salad
Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Arugula Salad.This salad is a cross between the appetizer we all love (prosciutto wrapped cantaloupe) and the beloved caprese salad.
FOR THE CHAMPAGNE VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt or more to taste
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper oe more to taste
FOR THE SALAD:
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- fresh cantaloupe slices about 1/4 of a cantaloupe
- 8 ounces bite-size fresh mozzarella drained
- 2 to 3 ounces prosciutto torn
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- freshly ground black pepper
TO PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE:
Whisk the vinegar, salt and pepper while slowly pouring in the olive oil.
Spoon a little (or all) of the dressing over the arugula and toss to coat.
TO PREPARE THE SALAD:
Arrange the dressed arugula onto a platter.
Top with sliced cantaloupe, (drained) mozzarella balls and tear the prosciutto into bite-size pieces and scatter it overtop as well.
Scatter with the fresh basil leaves, drizzle with balsamic glaze and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- For the balsamic glaze you can follow this recipe, just omit the honey [or don't! ;)
Serving: 1g | Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 111mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 635IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 1mg