Mel's Cheesy Potatoes
Mel’s Cheesy Potatoes is a classic side dish our family loves. A creamy and cheesy potato casserole topped with buttery crushed cornflakes, baked until golden and bubbly.
- 4 tablespoons butter melted, divided
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 recipe condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 32 ounces frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
Preheat your oven to 350° and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a deep sided saucepan, remove off the heat once melted.
Then add in the sour cream, condensed soup, cheese and green onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the milk.
Add in the hash browns and mix until combined and transfer to the prepared pan.
Mix the crushed cornflakes with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle over the casserole.
Bake on the middle rack for 1 hour, rotating the pan halfway through baking.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 381mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1074IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 7mg