Lemon Basil Hummus
In this lemon basil hummus, fresh lemon juice, basil leaves and an array of spices are blended with garbanzo beans for a silky and tasty hummus.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas drained (reserve the bean liquid)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic smashed and peeled
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus more for garnish
In your food processor, fitted with the blade attachment, basil, garlic, tahini, salt, paprika, onion powder and black pepper.
Squeeze in the lemon juice and olive oil.
Secure the lid and process until smooth. Add 1/4 cup or more of the bean liquids to reach a desired consistency.
Spoon into a serving dish and make swoops with the back of your spoon. Drizzle with a little olive oil and garnish with extra paprika and black pepper.
Serve with cut veggies and/or toasted pita wedges.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 93IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg