Chicken Egg Roll Bowl
In this Chicken Egg Roll Bowl, ground chicken is cooked and tossed with napa cabbage, bok choy, shiitake mushrooms and carrots in a light ginger garlic sauce.
- olive oil spray
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 4 heaping cups sliced napa cabbage
- 1 bunch baby bok choy (3 to 4 small) sliced with leafy tops included
- 1 small yellow onion peeled, halved and sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 4 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms stems being removed and discarded
- 1/4 cup low-sodium tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing rice wine
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes optional
Spray a large wok or chefs pan with olive oil and preheat on high.
Once hot add in the chicken. Use a wooden spatula to break up the chicken into small crumbles and cook until no longer pink. About 6 to 8 minutes.
Add in the grated ginger and garlic, stir and cook 1 minute.
Then add in cabbage, bok choy, onion, carrot and mushrooms. Toss carefully to combine.
Pour in the tamari, rice wine, sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds. Toss frequently until the cabbage and bok choy start to wilt.
Immediately remove and garnish with green onions and more toasted sesame seeds.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 907mg | Potassium: 879mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5458IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg