Brown Sugar Maple Pumpkin Pie
Sweetened with brown sugar and maple syrup, this is one silky-smooth, perfectly spiced, from scratch pumpkin pie.
- 1½ cups pumpkin puree canned or roasted]
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup half & half or heavy cream
- 2/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 recipe homemade pie dough see notes
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large mixing bowl combine pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, clove, allspice and cornstarch.
Pour in half & half, syrup, vanilla and the beaten eggs. Whisk to combine and pour into prepared pie shell.
Bake in the lower third of your oven for 1 hour or until the center of the pie is set. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
I like this pie with a dollop of homemade whipped cream and sprinkled with chopped pecans, alongside a cup of coffee.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 340mg | Potassium: 257mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 7714IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 1mg