Winter Kale and Beet Greens Salad with Pear, Gorgonzola and Fennel
A vibrant, nutrient-filled salad that is tasty and good for you!
- 1 bunch kale leaves leaves stripped and stems discarded
- 1 bunch beet greens leafy tops from one large bunch of beets
- 1 small fennel bulb cored and sliced thin
- 1 red pear sliced thin
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola crumbled, more or less to taste
- 3/4 cup honey poppy seed dressing
In a large bowl toss the chopped kale, beet greens and fennel slices together.
Divide among bowls or plates.
Top with thinly sliced pear, chopped pecans and crumbled Gorgonzola.
Season with cracked black pepper and a few spoonfuls of dressing.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 280mg | Potassium: 373mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2324IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 1mg