Whipped Feta + Marinated Tomatoes on Toast
Toast slathered with a creamy, dreamy whipped feta and topped with marinated tomatoes. This recipe yields 1 cup whipped feta or 8 toasts.
FOR THE TOMATOES:
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes cherry, sungold, grape etc., halved
- 1 clove garlic finely minced or squeezed through a garlic press
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 splash balsamic vinegar be generous
- 1 splash olive oil be generous
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
FOR THE WHIPPED FETA:
- 8 ounces feta cheese in a block and not pre-crumbled
- 2 rounded tablespoons whipped cream cheese
FOR THE TOASTS:
- 1 loaf crusty bread sliced
- 1 clove garlic
In a bowl add the tomato halves, garlic, salt, pepper, vinegar, oil and chives. Stir to combine and then set off to the side to marinate.
In the bowl of your food processor, fitted with the blade attachment, add feta and whipped cream cheese. Process until smooth, stopping halfway to scrape down the sides.
Toast slices or bread and rub with clove of garlic on one side. Smear with whipped feta and spoon marinated tomatoes over top and a little extra fresh ground pepper.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 580mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 415IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 170mg | Iron: 2mg