Fennel Cabbage Slaw
This fennel cabbage slaw is crisp, fresh and smoky (thanks to crispy bacon). Tossed in a light dressing, this slaw tastes like summer/
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch kosher salt more or less to taste
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper more or less to taste
FOR THE FENNEL CABBAGE SLAW:
- 1 large fennel bulb core removed, cut in half, and sliced very thinly
- 4 cups purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 green onions white and dark green parts, sliced thin
- 4 strips cooked bacon sliced or chopped
Toss the sliced fennel, cabbage, scallions, and bacon together in a medium bowl.
Whisk the greek yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, fennel fronds, and kosher salt and pepper, to taste, in a small bowl.
Add the dressing to the slaw and toss to coat.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 285mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 575IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg