Grilled Potato Salad with Bacon with Bacon Dijon Vinaigrette
Redskin potatoes are grilled and tossed with bacon, green onions, fresh parsley, a little mayo and a crazy delicious bacon Dijon vinaigrette. Serve warm or at room temperature.
FOR THE POTATO SALAD:
- 3 pounds baby redskin potatoes halved or cut into thirds
- olive oil or olive oil spray
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard any grainy mustard should do
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon aleppo pepper or ancho chili powder
- 1 clove garlic squeezed through a garlic press
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon cooked and chopped (reserve the bacon fat)
- 3 to 4 green onions dark and light green parts, sliced
- 1 handful parsley coarsely chopped
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2½ teaspoons country-style Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons reserved bacon fat
MAKE THE POTATO SALAD:
Preheat your grill to 400°.
Skewer the potatoes onto metal skewers (about 8-10 skewers). Mist (or brush) with olive oil until coated evenly. Sprinkle with a couple pinches of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Cook on your preheated grill for about 12 to 15 minutes, turning halfway through. Once the bigger potatoes can easily be pierced by a fork, remove and let cool for about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine mayonnaise, Dijon, onion powder, aleppo pepper, garlic and black pepper. Once the skewers have cooled to touch, slide the grilled potatoes off and into the bowl.
MAKE THE VINAIGRETTE:
In a small bowl whisk together the red wine vinegar, the 2-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, the black pepper and slowly whisk in the bacon fat.
To the bowl with the potatoes add in the chopped bacon, parsley and sliced green onions. Pour the bacon-Dijon vinaigrette over top and toss to coat.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 273mg | Potassium: 794mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 144IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg