Spicy Three Cheese and Italian Sausage Red Pepper Pizza
A delicious pizza with sausage, peppers and three kinds of cheese.
- 1 recipe whole wheat or regular pizza dough links are in above post
- 1 recipe pizza sauce
- 4 links hot or mild Italian sausage casing removed, crumbled and cooked
- 1 medium red onion sliced into rings
- 2 medium red bell peppers sliced into rings, seeds and stems discarded
- 8 ounces freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces freshly grated sharp provolone cheese
- 8 ounces freshly grated fontina cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat your oven to 450° and use olive oil to grease two rimmed baking sheets generously.
Divide the dough in half and on a lightly floured surface, roll thin using a rolling pin.
Transfer the dough to the prepared pan(s) and top with pizza sauce.
Divide the cooked sausage among both pizzas and top with slices of red pepper and onion.
Divide the cheese among both pizzas and bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes, rotating the pans if necessary.
Remove and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Let the pizzas rest for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a cutting board and slicing into pieces.
Serving: 2slices | Calories: 542kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 1115mg | Potassium: 304mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1632IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 529mg | Iron: 1mg