Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
Homemade ranch dressing mix with an ingredient list you can be proud of! This recipe yields 10 (2 tablespoons) servings or 1¼ cup.
FOR THE BULK HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING PACKET MIX:
- 1 cup dry buttermilk
- 2½ tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1½ teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
FOR BUTTERMILK DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain nonfat greek yogurt (see notes)
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2/3 to 1 cup buttermilk or water, to thin out as desired
FOR A DIP:
- 1 cup sour cream or plain nonfat greek yogurt (see notes)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
- buttermilk to thin out as desired
In a mixing bowl; measure and add in the dried buttermilk with all the spices, whisking to combine.
Transfer the ranch mix into a jar or container that has a tight-fitting lid.
Store in the fridge for up to 12 months.
- 2 tablespoons of the ranch mix is equivalent to one packet.
- The nutritional information is for the ranch dressing mix and DOES NOT include the dip or dressing recipes.
- Try making the dip using plain nonfat greek yogurt by combining 3/4 cup yogurt plus 1/4 cup mayo to balance the tanginess.
- It's always to make ranch dressing and ranch dip a few hours in advance to allow the flavors to develop.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 55kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 531mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 1mg