Mexicali Chopped Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
A bright, colorful and fresh salad... perfect for summertime!
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 large head romaine chopped
- 6 ounces grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 2 cups grilled yellow corn about 2 ears
- 1 avocado quartered and sliced (2 avocados if small)
- 1/2 cup roasted and lightly salted pepitas
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans rinsed and drained
- sea salt for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- tortilla strips for garnish
FOR THE DRESSING:
Place the cilantro, garlic, mayo, sour cream, vinegar, lime juice, salt, pepper and grapeseed oil into a food processor or blender. Blend until creamy and smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Place a handful or two of chopped romaine into a large serving bowl. Top with desired amount of tomatoes, bell peppers, corn, avocado, pepitas, red onion and black beans.
Serve with a drizzle of creamy cilantro lime dressing, lime wedges, tortilla strips and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 669kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 57g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 14g | Monounsaturated Fat: 30g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 454mg | Potassium: 1205mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 15581IU | Vitamin C: 73mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 4mg