Banana Bread Overnight Oats
It's the best oatmeal that has ever happened to me. Overnight.
- 1 banana ripe
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup extra thick old fashioned oats I use Bob's Red Mill
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon chia seed plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk of choice
In a medium bowl, mash up the banana with a fork.
Add in the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Add in the oats, walnuts and chia seeds, vanilla and milk. Stir to combine and cover with plastic wrap before refrigerating overnight.
Divide into bowls and reheat or serve immediately.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 539mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 241IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 2mg