Dried Cherry Toasted Almond Chicken Salad
Roast chicken is shredded and tossed with dried cherries, toasted almonds, green onions and a light and slightly sweet peppy seed dressing. A deliciously light, crunchy and flavorful salad!
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt I use Fage
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 cups shredded cooked chicken I use a whole roasted chicken
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 3 green onions sliced (light and dark green parts only)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
In a small bowl combine yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, salt, pepper and poppy seeds.
In a large bowl add chicken, cherries, green onions, parsley and almonds. Pour dressing over top and toss until combined.
Chill until ready to serve or eat immediately.
Serve with crackers, or on a bed of crisp torn lettuce leaves.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 411mg | Potassium: 392mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 417IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 2mg