Mexican Slaw + Cumin Lime Dressing
A color mix of fresh veggies like purple cabbage, jicama, carrots and bell peppers tossed in a light and healthy cumin lime dressing.
FOR THE SLAW:
- 4 cups sliced purple cabbage
- 1½ cups sliced jicama
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 small jalapeno seeded for less heat, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
CUMIN LIME DRESSING:
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Toss the slaw ingredients into a large bowl.
In a small bowl measure in the cumin, coriander and chili powder. Add in the honey and lime juice, then whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Toss the slaw in the dressing right before serving.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 542mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 7144IU | Vitamin C: 122mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2mg