Sweet and Smoky Sweet Potatoes
Sweet from honey, smoky from the paprika and delicious because these are sweet potatoes we're talking about here.
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut into 1½ inch chunks
- 2½ tablespoons avocado oil or extra light olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- chopped fresh cilantro for serving
Preheat your oven to 400°.
Toss the sweet potatoes with the oil, cumin, paprika, coriander, garlic powder and salt. Spread them into an even layer and roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
Allow the sweet potatoes to cool for a few minutes before using a spatula to toss them with the honey.
Serve topped with fresh cilantro.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 386mg | Potassium: 614mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 24497IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2mg