Ras el Hanout (Moroccan Spice Blend)
A North African / Moroccan spice blend containing a plethora (typically 12) of different spices. Most often used in savory dishes; rubbed on meat or fish and to season rice and couscous dishes.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1½ teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
Measure and combine all spices in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
Store in a dry, dark place for up to 6 months.
Serving: 1tablespoon | Calories: 12kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 933mg | Potassium: 52mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 142IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg