Pico de Gallo
Pico de Gallo is a fresh tomato salsa. Chopped tomatoes with red onion, jalapeno, cilantro and garlic. Serve on tacos, nachos or with tortilla chips. Only THE BEST pico de gallo EVER. Yields 2 cups.
- 3 to 4 large roma tomatoes about 1 pound, seeded, sliced and diced small
- 1/2 cup white onion diced small (same size as the tomatoes)
- 1 jalapeño pepper diced finely, (about 1 tablespoon minced)
- 1 clove garlic smashed, peeled and minced
- 2 green onions sliced and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil optional
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss until combined.
Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Serve with tortilla chips, as garnish to your favorite chili, on top of your favorite fajitas or tacos!
Calories: 15kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 87mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg