Italian Grilled Cheese Sammies
Basil pesto, fresh mozzarella and thinly sliced tomatoes sandwiched in between slices of bread and grilled!
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 roma tomato sliced thin
- 2 large cremini mushrooms sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto homemade or store bought (one tablespoon per sandwich)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter softened
Butter one side of each slice of bread.
Lay butter side down onto a preheated pan over medium/medium low.
Layer with first with; a slice of cheese, tomato, mushroom, and pesto, the second slice of provolone and second slice of bread (butter side up).
Cover with lid for a minute or two.
Flip and repeat with the lid until both sides are crispy to touch!
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 813mg | Potassium: 349mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1048IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 357mg | Iron: 2mg