This Mushroom Asparagus Quiche is the perfect combination of your favorite veggies, cheese and a buttery, crispy crust. Delicious!
Let’s celebrate Mother’s Day with this mushroom asparagus quiche!
It’s a super easy quiche. A quiche loaded with my favorite veggies, and cheese. Ooooh cheese!
Mother’s Day is usually a day where Mom’s all over get to sleep in and, if you’re lucky, breakfast is served to you while lying in bed, still in your pj’s. This quiche is so easy, that even a novice-chef-of-a-husband *ahem Pat* could whip this up for his wife and would win husband of the year for making his wife a quiche. Honey are you listening? *wink-wink*
TO Make This Mushroom Asparagus Quiche You Will Need:
- homemade pie crust
- unsalted butter
- sweet onions
- cremini mushrooms
- farmer’s cheese
- gruyere cheese
- whole milk
- kosher salt
- black pepper
First start by rolling out your favorite pie dough recipe. I had to “cut and paste” the sides to make it into a rectangle, so pardon the rough edges.
Use a for to prick the dough and slide it into a preheated 350° oven for 10 minutes.
Then remove the partially baked crust and get to work on the filling.
Then add 2 tablespoons of butter in a 10-inch skillet over moderate heat to melt.
Next add in 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft and somewhat translucent.
Then add in 1 cup thickly sliced cremini mushrooms and cook for 4 more minutes.
They should be starting to caramelize and smelling pretty heavenly.
Next toss in 1 cup asparagus. I used the top four inches of the asparagus because it’s the more tender part of the veggie and will cook somewhat quickly.
Then after about 5 minutes add in 1/2 a clove of mince garlic and cook for one minute.
Now just remove the pan from the heat and let cool slightly.
Now for the eggs. In a mixing bowl whisk 3 large eggs.
Next add in 1/4 cup of whole milk.
Then season with 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper.
Evenly spread out the vegetable mixture into the bottom of the partially cooked crust.
And sprinkle with 1/4 cup of each farmer’s cheese and the gruyere.
Next, slowly pour the egg mixture over top…
And then slide it back into the 350° oven for about 30 minutes.
Or until the eggs are set and the top is lightly golden brown.
Let the tart cool slightly before cutting…
This Mushroom Asparagus Quiche is the perfect combination of your favorite veggies, cheese and a buttery, crispy crust.
Make this for your Mom, Mother-in-Law or even your Grandma and get ready for all the compliments!
Mushroom Asparagus Quiche
- 1 recipe homemade pie crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sweet onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced thick
- 1 cup asparagus, (I used the top four inches of the asparagus)
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated cheese, farmers cheese or Monterrey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- chives, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Roll and shape pie dough to fit your tart pan. Prick with a fork and pop it into the preheated oven for 10 minutes, remove and assemble the filling.
- In a 10 inch skillet over moderate heat; melt two tablespoons of butter. Sauté sliced onions for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add in the mushrooms and cook for 4 more minutes. Add in the asparagus and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Once the asparagus is bright green and starting to golden add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove and let cool slightly for 5 minutes, then evenly spread them out into the pre-baked tart shell and sprinkle with cheeses.
- In a mixing bowl; beat eggs and milk. Season with kosher salt and black pepper and gently pour over veggies and cheese. Carefully slide the quiche back into the 350 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving. Sprinkle with a little fresh chive for garnish.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!