Easy Skillet Raspberry Jam

With only four ingredients and 1 skillet, this easy skillet raspberry jam is simple and delicious! Spread it on toast, warm biscuits or your next pb & j!

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam l www.SimplyScratch.com

If you recall, yesterday I posted my recipe for honey roasted peanut butter which means that of course I had to make my own homemade jam so I could make my pb and j combo complete.

For y-e-a-r-s I’ve been a strict peanut butter and grape jelly kind of gal.  But lately raspberry jam has crept up into my number one spot and has become, well my jam. I make a similar recipe for these oatmeal and coconut raspberry bars and it dawned on me that I could turn it into jam. In my fridge, I had a few pints of fresh raspberries and a lemon. In my pantry I had sugar and fruit pectin. It was fate.

I love that I can make a fresh skillet raspberry jam in minutes with only four ingredients and it requires zero canning.

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com raspberriesQuick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com press

First add a few of the raspberries into a mesh strainer that is set over a bowl. Then using a spatula, really press them into the mesh strainer. This process works the upper arms so you can consider this a work out.I did.

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com drip-drip

Next, add more berries and keep smashing. I don’t like an overly seedy jam, so I reserved about a half cup of whole raspberries for a little later. However, for no seeds press all the raspberries through the strainer.

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com seeds remain

Press and press and press until only the teeny-tiny seeds remain. Don’t forget to scrape the raspberry puree from underneath of the strainer.

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com squeeze

Squeeze in the juice from half a lemon and let the strainer catch the seeds.

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com throw in some whole berries

Pour the raspberry puree into a 10 inch skillet and add in the half cup of reserved whole fresh raspberries.

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com pectin

Sprinkle in a tablespoon of fruit pectin.

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com stir

Stir the pectin and smash up those whole raspberries with your spoon.

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com bring to a boil

Heat to a boil and stir, stir, stir.

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com sugar

Add in the sugar

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com stir to dissolve sugar

Stir until dissolved.

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com boil for one minute

Bring the raspberry mixture back to a boil for a minute…

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com remove off of the heat

Then remove off of the heat. You know I swiped a taste… once it cooled of course.

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com pour

Pour the jam into a clean jar and refrigerate until chilled. About 4 hours.

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com #recipe

Poof. Jam.

I could literally eat this jam with a spoon.

Homemade Honey Roasted Peanut Butter and Skillet Raspberry Jam Toast l www.SimplyScratch.com bite

But on toast with honey roasted peanut butter… it’s bonkers.

This is probably the freshest piece of toast you’ll ever taste… the only way to make it even fresher would be if I baked the bread myself. But, that is a total different post in itself.

Enjoy! And if you give this Skillet Raspberry Jam recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!

Quick Skillet Raspberry Jam www.SimplyScratch.com

Yield: about a cup

Easy Skillet Raspberry Jam

Easy Skillet Raspberry Jam
Four ingredients. 1 skillet.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes

Ingredients

• 3 cups fresh raspberries, divided
  • juice from 1/2 a lemon
  • 1 tablespoon fruit pectin
  • 1 cup sugar

Instructions

1. Add 2-1/2 cups of fresh raspberries into mesh strainer that is set into a bowl. Use a spatula to press the berries through the strainer until only raspberry seeds remain. Don't forget to scrape the raspberry puree from underneath the mesh strainer and into the bowl.
  2. Squeeze half of a lemon into the strainer to catch the seeds. Stir and pour the raspberry puree into a 10 inch skillet.
  3. Add in the remaining 1/2 cup of raspberries and and the tablespoon of fruit pectin. Stir and break up the berries.
  4. Bring to a boil and add in the sugar. Stir until dissolved. Bring the raspberry mixture to a boil for one minute, stirring often.
  5. After the minute is up, remove off of the heat and pour into a clean jar. Let cool slightly before securing a tight fitting lid and placing it into your fridge to cool for 4 hours.

Notes

This jam should last in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.

22 Responses to “Easy Skillet Raspberry Jam”

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — March 18, 2014 at 6:32 am

Gotta love an easy recipe like this!!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — March 18, 2014 at 7:36 am

Love!!! And wish I had some to slather on some toast right now šŸ™‚

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — March 18, 2014 at 10:00 am

I am SO into this jam. I’m already making delicious PB&J plans with this recipe!

Liz@Virtually Homemade — March 18, 2014 at 10:05 am

So funny I used to be strictly grape too. My kids prefer raspberry, I found out what I was missing! This looks great!

Stacey — March 18, 2014 at 10:11 am

Can you do this with any berry? like strawberry?

• Laurie McNamara replied: — March 19th, 2014 @ 2:14 pm

I bet you could! I think I’ll try it soon šŸ™‚

Julia {The Roasted Root} — March 18, 2014 at 10:50 am

The P and the J are my favorite food lovers and I’m obsessed with your easy peasy J recipe! I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s just no fighting my peanut butter obsession, so I’m going to have to whip out both of these recipes. You know, to yin the yang. Twist my arm šŸ˜‰ LOVE everything you’ve got going on here!!!

• Laurie McNamara replied: — March 19th, 2014 @ 2:09 pm

Thanks Julia! From one p and j lover to another <3

Tricia @ Saving room for dessert — March 18, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Absolutely beautiful! Warm toast and peanut butter with this jam – I bet that is out of this world delicious.

Christine @ Cooking with Cakes — March 18, 2014 at 12:48 pm

this raspberry jam looks SO easy, I love it! I’m partial to Hero raspberry, but given this recipe I might just have to whip up some myself šŸ™‚

marcia — March 18, 2014 at 2:39 pm

i am so going to be making this as soon as fruit comes in season.
    thank you for sharing the recipe!

MeredithB — March 18, 2014 at 5:34 pm

I always crave peanut butter & jelly sandwiches in the Springā€¦this gives me a great excuse to eat them multiple times a day! YUM!

• Laurie McNamara replied: — March 19th, 2014 @ 9:39 am

Me too! It’s my favorite go to lunch… and breakfast šŸ˜‰

Carri Ann — March 18, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Can you use frozen berries? How would you change the recipe? Thanks!

• Laurie McNamara replied: — March 19th, 2014 @ 9:35 am

Hi Cari Ann! It’s hard for me to say. I would imagine that if you thawed the berries first you could! If you decide to give it a whirl let me know how it works for you šŸ™‚

Denise — March 19, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Jealous that you have fresh raspberries already. This recipe reminds me of summer in a jar.

Rebecca {foodie with family} — March 20, 2014 at 11:11 am

I’m super looking forward to fresh raspberries and I can’t wait to try this. I’m a canner, big time, but I want a quick fix of raspberry jam from time to time, too!

ktia — March 20, 2014 at 11:05 pm

My boyfriend goes nuts for his mothers signature strawberry jam. I wonder if I can sneak this in to get him to try something new! šŸ˜€ Yeahhhh sping

Claire — March 21, 2014 at 10:57 am

I’d spoon this into my mouth, directly. So tart and perfect!

Aqiyl Aniys — March 29, 2014 at 9:26 am

Yummy. This will go great for me on some spelt toast.

Margaret Tracey — August 4, 2017 at 10:36 pm

Hi Laura,
    Fantastic recipe idea.
    I just picked 10 lbs of raspberries. I ‘ve already made 15 containers of raspberry and peach freezer jam and I took out a lot of the seeds this year. I still have this big pickings to deal with and I like your puree idea. Can I freeze this jam as well?
    Thanks Margaret

• Laurie McNamara replied: — August 16th, 2017 @ 9:33 am

Hi Margaret! I haven’t tried to freeze it, but I don’t see why not.