Cider Bacon Chicken Skillet

This cider bacon chicken skillet is so flavorful and delicious! The fat it’s all made in one skillet is a total bonus.

For those who don’t know, I live in Michigan (whoot!)

cider bacon chicken skillet l simplyscratch.com

And there are LOTS to love about the mitten state. Here are my top favorites:

All of the seasons, well except for winter. Unless I don’t have to drive in it, then I guess it’s okay.

The Detroit Tigers. I’m not really a sports kind of girl, but I do like watching the Tigers and Lions on occasion, like when they’re in the playoffs and such.

Charlevoix and Boyne. And basically anywhere up north and along the Lake Michigan side of the state.

Meijer. It’s my go-to grocery store. A one-stop pick up your make up, a birthday card, maybe a shirt, some groceries all in one basket. AND on the way out, pick up a Starbucks. LOVE!

Cider Mills!!! I live right down the road from one which makes it reallll easy when I want a bag of apples or have a craving for fresh doughnuts and maybe a caramel apple. I absolutely love cider mills… just minus the bees.

Speaking of cider. I do love me some apple cider. It’s great warm in a mug or cold in a too-small-paper-cup from the cider mill, I love apple cider in doughnuts and now in my skillet.

_DSC0438

You heard me. Cider is my new favorite ingredient. Pair it with chicken, bacon and onions and you’ve got dinner.

_DSC0449

Head on over to Tablespoon and watch the delicious magic unfold, step-by-step… annnnd nab the recipe while you’re there!

Enjoy! And if you give this Cider Bacon Chicken Skillet recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!

cider bacon chicken skillet l simplyscratch.com

32 Responses to “Cider Bacon Chicken Skillet”

Steph (Poupetteinthekitchen) — October 15, 2013 at 7:43 am

Like I said on Facebook: amazing! This feels like home to me 🙂

Tieghan Gerard — October 15, 2013 at 8:31 am

Oh yum! cooking with cider is so good!

Oh and you make me want to visit Michigan! I have never been!

Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats — October 15, 2013 at 8:51 am

wow this flavor combination sounds incredible, I can only imagine how delicious your house smelled!

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — October 15, 2013 at 1:32 pm

What, you live down the street from a cider mill?? Totes jealous. I’m all about cider everything this season and this chicken is no exception!

• simplyscratch replied: — October 16th, 2013 @ 10:41 pm

I do! It takes all I have not to pull over after I drop my daughter off at school! Freshly fried doughnuts doused in cinnamon and sugar? Kill me now!

Ashley - Baker by Nature — October 15, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I <3 Michigan, especially in the Fall!!! And um, tis skillet is seriously stunning!

• simplyscratch replied: — October 16th, 2013 @ 10:33 pm

Thanks Ashley! The fall is the best, all those pretty leaves and blue sky! <3

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — October 15, 2013 at 3:40 pm

I absolutely love cider as well. My husband and I were just talking about making an apple cider brine for some pork chops. Love this cider recipe with the chicken.

• simplyscratch replied: — October 16th, 2013 @ 10:30 pm

cider and pork = amazing!

Kate — October 15, 2013 at 4:17 pm

We went home to Michigan for a visit last week and I may have eaten my weight in cider and donuts! Just not the same down here in Alabama, but hoping to find some cider to make this. Looks delicious 🙂

• simplyscratch replied: — October 16th, 2013 @ 10:29 pm

My sister moved to North Carolina and misses the cider mills too! I hope you can snag some cider!

Gloria // Simply Gloria — October 15, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Love everything about this dish. I love making dishes from scratch, too. I hate to say this…but sometimes (let’s just face it)– I always want to tell the people in the pasta isle when they are putting a sauce in the basket that they can make it so much cheaper and more delicious than what’s in the jar. But, of course I have to hold back. But, it’s true! Look how easy this yummy simple sauce you just whipped up for some pasta and chicken. Going over to get the recipe …Yum! (=

• simplyscratch replied: — October 16th, 2013 @ 10:28 pm

I do the same thing! I see them reaching for a jar of pesto and I’m like STOPPPPPP!! But I just hold it in instead. Ps.. you’ll love this sauce!

Laura — October 15, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Oh, yum. Any dish that involves bacon and pasta – I’m down with. But the addition of cider? I make a hard cider gravy that is a favorite in fall, so I know we’ll just love this!

• simplyscratch replied: — October 16th, 2013 @ 10:41 pm

Oooh hard cider gravy? Sign me up! YUM!

Malissa — October 15, 2013 at 7:06 pm

As someone who also lives in Michigan, I completely agree with your list of things you love. Also, Meijer is amazing. Lastly, definitely making this, it looks amazing!

• simplyscratch replied: — October 16th, 2013 @ 10:24 pm

Yay Malissa! High-five my fellow Michigander!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — October 16, 2013 at 1:13 am

All you had to do was say “bacon”!

Teresa | SassySuburbanite.com — October 16, 2013 at 9:13 am

This looks amazing and just seems like a Fall dish. I’m going to try it this week! Nom nom nom
    Teresa

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — October 16, 2013 at 9:39 am

You had me at bacon! Of course we’re temporary rivals until this season is over. Go Sox! 😉

• simplyscratch replied: — October 16th, 2013 @ 10:26 pm

Ha!! I guess we are 🙂

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — October 16, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Love apple cider with chicken. Sounds perfect!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — October 16, 2013 at 5:04 pm

I need to use cider more in my cooking! Love the sound of this chicken!

Deb — October 16, 2013 at 8:16 pm

I just want to print the recipe and TABLESPOON doesn’t allow that. It’ll print the entire webpage, photos and all. Cutting & pasting ends up just looking weird and difficult to read. Anywhere to just print the recipe?

Shelley @ Two Healthy Kitchens — October 17, 2013 at 10:18 am

Living right near the mitten state (Ohioan!), we have oodles of wonderful apples and apple cider right now, too! This recipe is a perfect reason to get cookin’! Delicious!

Bev @ Bev Cooks — October 17, 2013 at 10:37 am

Looooooving this so hard.

Kelly Senyei | Just a Taste — October 18, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Wow, wow, wow! Count me in for dinner if this is on the menu!

Linda — October 31, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Made this last night…another AWESOME recipe from you!!! Thanks!!

Emily — November 11, 2013 at 6:08 pm

I’ve never actually commented on your blog, but I’ve been following it for a few years. I just want to say that this was SOOOO good!!! And I love your blog, so thanks!

• simplyscratch replied: — November 11th, 2013 @ 11:33 pm

Hi Emily! I’m so glad you loved this recipe! Thanks for coming back and leaving a comment! 🙂

Rebecca — April 11, 2018 at 12:51 am

I think this recipe is broken? The printable recipe doesn’t exist at all?

• Laurie McNamara replied: — April 11th, 2018 @ 6:51 am

Hi Rebecca! Sorry for the confusion. This is a recipe I did for Tablespoon and the recipe link is in the actual post.