Strawberry Daiquiri Popsicles

First things first.

For those who’ve missed my status update on facebook or my post on Twitter… I have a little something to share!

For those who already know… sorry but you’ll have to hear it again…

It’s too exciting of news to not share! 🙂

The other day I received a comment from someone saying they were visiting from Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution. I was like “wha-what?” Then my friend Tracy pulled up her email on her phone and says “yep there you are!” I about fell over! No lie!

I’ve been a fan of Jamie Oliver since he was on late at night on Food Network! I love how he says basil like… baaasil! So to find out Simply Scratch was Blog of the Month on his Food Revolution site is a huge honor and very exciting!

Then in the email they sent me was this badge {above} that I get to proudly sport on Simply Scratch!

Totally cool!!

Soooo let’s celebrate shall we?

With popsicles!

Strawberry Daiquiri Popsicles!!

Let’s tap into our childhood roots… c’mon it’s fun!

For me the end of the school year is bittersweet. On one hand while the kids are in school I have the day to myself. To sit and enjoy the peace and quiet without bickering, whining and monster high doll stealing. Then on the other hand I don’t have to pack school lunches, we pack a picnic and go to the beach… and then there is the perk of getting to sleep in on my days off!! You see what I mean?

So with summer almost officially here and only two and a half more school days until summer vacation {woot woot!} I’ve had popsicles on the brain. I’m not at all a Flavor Ice fan, and I had a serious hankering for a cold frozen treat. So I looked around my fridge and pantry and found all the ingredients to make these popsicles. This summer try to have you kids help you make these! It’s a recipe that kids will definitely enjoy making as much as they like eating them!!

Did you know you can make your own popsicles with four ingredients… or less!? It’s wicked easy too!

You will need some molds… this recipe makes 3 cups, so you may have some leftover.

My molds came from Tupperware. I like that they have reusable stick that won’t give me a splinter. 🙂 But if you don’t have molds, just use a small paper cup with a popsicle stick… works just the same!

I normally don’t preach here on Simply Scratch… but please, please PAH-lease try to buy organic farmed strawberries… there is a difference in taste… I promise!

Start off by pulling the leaves away from the strawberry… like so.

Then run your knife along outer edge to remove the leaves, discard and repeat.

Slice the larger strawberries in halve and toss them into a food processor.

You could totally use a blender or a vita-mix… as long as it has a motor and a sharp blade then your good to go!

Squeeze the juice of a whole lime until you get very last drop!

Pour that in with the strawberries.

I found this on the shelf while grocery shopping… umm it’s pretty dang delicious. But if you can’t find it then just vanilla would totally work!

Add in the 6 ounces of yogurt.

Drizzle in a teaspoon or so of honey.

Then let her rip! You could always just pulse it if you want a chunkier strawberry pieces in your popsicle.

I found it easier to pour the strawberry puree into a large measuring cup instead of trying to pour from my spoutless food processor… I was trying to avoid a mess.

But as you can see I was still messy…

Really messy…

I only have 6 popsicle molds… so I had about a cup left over.

So right after I popped the popsicles into the fridge…

…and as I waited for the popsicles to freeze I poured myself a glass… and pretended it was a daiquiri! Ooooh yeah!

It’s a guilt free treat I didn’t mind giving to my girls as an after-school-snack.

I’m thinkin’ about how I snuck fruits into their bodies and they’re thinkin’ I’m awesome…

You see it’s a total win-win situation!

Enjoy! And if you give this recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!

My cookbook Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy is now available! CLICK HERE for details and THANK YOU in advance!

Yield: 6

Strawberry Daiquiri Popsicles

Strawberry Daiquiri Popsicles
A strawberry cool sweet treat!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes

Ingredients

• 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
  • juice of 1 whole lime
  • 6 ounces honey vanilla yogurt
  • 1 heaping teaspoon honey

Instructions

Place your prepared strawberries into the food processor bowl. Next add lime juice, yogurt and honey. Pulse until you've reached desired consistency. Pour into molds and freeze for about 4 hours or until solid. To remove the popsicle from the mold, just run a little warm water over the outside until it comes loose. Serve and enjoy!

Nutrition Information:

Yield:

Serving Size:

Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 45mg Carbohydrates: 40g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 37g Protein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.

27 Responses to “Strawberry Daiquiri Popsicles”

Allison at Novice Life — June 14, 2011 at 4:13 pm

WOW! Congrats on your award! What an absolute honor! I LOVE Jamie Oliver 🙂 His Chicken in Milk recipe sold me 😉

And, I am dying to try homemade popsicles and this recipe sealed the deal for me. I need to go – today – and buy molds!

Laurie @simplyscratch — June 14, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I'm searching right now for that chicken in milk recipe! Thanks! 🙂

Nichole — June 14, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Yumm! sounds perfect. And congrats on the award 🙂

Erin — June 14, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Congrats!!! That is so awesome! These popsicles are pretty great too! I love a Strawberry Daiquiri in a glass, so why not on a stick 🙂

Sprinkles of Parsley — June 14, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Congratulations again Laurie!! You deserve it! LOOOOVE your popsicles too. I was going to post something similar next week, but your daiquiri idea is genius!!! Such a great idea!

ravienomnoms — June 14, 2011 at 6:30 pm

What a fantastic idea! I just have to try this. Your pictures are gorgeous by the way!

Laurie @simplyscratch — June 14, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Thank you Raven! 🙂

Evan B — June 14, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Congrats on your award!! Much deserved 🙂 I was just telling my fiance I want to make Popsicles but I can't find the molds! Did you order yours?

Laurie @simplyscratch — June 14, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Hi Evan! I wanna say I bought them on EBAY. Good luck! 🙂

sherri lynn — June 14, 2011 at 9:10 pm

These look SO good! I am definitely bookmarking this to make later 🙂

And congrats to you!

Haley @ The Girly Girl Cooks — June 14, 2011 at 9:47 pm

These will be perfect for my new Zoku popsicle maker! 🙂

Cassie @ Bake Your Day — June 14, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I love this idea, especially adding the yogurt, great way to sneak in some nutrition!

Katrina {In Katrina's Kitchen} — June 14, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You totally deserve this!!! I am practically jumping up and down for you!!!!!!!!!!

(I just made my own popsicles this month and now I'm obsessed.) Yours look delish!

Lizzy — June 14, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Congratulations!!! Such cool news! Your yummy popsicles look like the perfect way to celebrate~

Cook with Kelly — June 15, 2011 at 12:31 am

Sabrina — June 15, 2011 at 1:35 am

what an absolute honor!!! I am so excited for you! I love visiting your blog and can totally see why they gave you the award! Great pops by the way!

Muriel Miller — June 15, 2011 at 6:12 am

Congrats Laurie! I have been a follower of your blog for sometime now and I love it! You TOTALLY deserve this award! These popsicles look fantastically good! YUM!

Desirea and Lourdes — June 15, 2011 at 1:42 pm

That's great! Congrats, you deserve it! Very nice blog that you have! I'm enjoying it. Was just thinking about getting Tupperware popsicle molds! They have Mickey Mouse ones that are out right now. 🙂

kate — June 15, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Congrats Laurie! Well deserved!
    Those pops looks delicious and refreshing too 🙂

Laurie @simplyscratch — June 15, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Thank you guys so much! Xo 🙂

Jasmin Adili — June 16, 2011 at 11:57 am

WOW, so amazing!

Check out my blog!

cakesensation.blogspot.com

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper — June 17, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I just featured this recipe on Fun Friday Finds on my blog. I'd love for you to stop by. http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

Sally Darling — June 18, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Just found your Blog…my goodness, your photos are simply FABULOUS. Can't wait to sit and go through every last page! Incredible work.

Jennifurla — June 20, 2011 at 12:04 am

wow, that is exciting news. What a cool thing to win. I also love these creamy refreshing pops.

Little island — February 16, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Simply love your recepie for the pops! Tried it and it taste delicious!

apartamenty w szczawnicy — September 18, 2013 at 12:14 am

Howdy! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering
    if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

http://www.dlagastronomii.pl — October 7, 2013 at 2:32 am

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this,
    like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you
    can do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is excellent blog.

A fantastic read. I’ll certainly be back.