Grilling Inspiration!

I cannot tell you how much I look forward to this extended weekend. The weather is supposed to be superb and all I want to do is… nothing.

Not only is Memorial Day a time to appreciate all the men and women who have fought for our country, but it also un-officially kicks off the grilling season. Grills are fired up, side dishes are being made and beverages are put on ice. I love it.

Simply Organic Grilling Collage

I’m thrilled to share with you this project I worked on with Simply Organic. The mission: to flip the script on the traditional grilling menu. I developed a portion of the recipes and photographed all twelve of them in three, 10 hour, crazy, whirlwind days. I battled rain, a grill that wouldn’t light {ummm that would be because my husband turned off the gas… duh} and I can assure you that every and I mean e-v-e-r-y dish that I own was used, that’s including my blogging prop dishes too! I don’t think I’ve ever washed so many bowls, utensils and serving dishes in my life. My kitchen was destroyed but the bonus… eating all this scrumptious food.

So below I’ve included a few of my favorite recipes so you can get excited about the upcoming grilling season and become inspired this weekend… and who knows, maybe try something new.

In the meantime… fire-up those grills and let the grilling season begin!

_DSC0361

_DSC1309

Berry Blast Popsicles

_DSC0525

Red, White and Blue Vanilla Bean Cupcakes

_DSC0330

Grilled Lemon Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs with Coconut Cream

For more grilling recipes head on over to Simply Organic and feast your eyes on some deliciousness!

Have a safe, fun and scrumptious weekend!

7 Responses to “Grilling Inspiration!”

Kathryn — May 23, 2014 at 3:59 am

What an amazing spread! There’s so much inspiration here and everything looks so utterly delicious.

Laura @ Raise Your Garden — May 23, 2014 at 8:02 am

As always, everything you’ve made looks absolutely divine. Wish you were coming to my Memorial Day gathering, hehe. You’re probably invited to everyone’s potluck dinners year round =)

Cassie — May 23, 2014 at 9:05 am

Two thumbs up for grilling season!!

Marcella — May 23, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Wow!!! These pictures are gorgeous. That grilled lemon strawberry shortcake is seriously calling my name. I actually just posted a bunch of grilling inspiration that I think you would love!

Taylor — May 24, 2014 at 7:04 am

Everything looks utterly delicious!

Carol at Wild Goose Tea — May 24, 2014 at 11:10 pm

What a tasty round up. I am with YOU about looking forward to an extended weekend. For which I have NO plans. Yes!!!!! Such a luxury.

Jaime — May 28, 2014 at 11:19 am

Actually, Memorial Day is to honor and remember those who have died while fighting for this country, not those who have or are currently serving. That is what Veteran’s Day is for. I know it might sound nit-picky, and really, we should be thankful each and every day for these brave folks, but those who literally laid down their lives in battle deserve their own day, and that is who Memorial Day is for. I always cringe when people tell my husband (former Marine) “Happy Memorial Day!”….if you really think about it, there is nothing happy about it.