Honeyed Peach and Date Smoothie

Sweetened with honey, dates and peaches this honeyed peach and date smoothie is cool, refreshing and delicious!

I hope you’re thirsty.

Honeyed Peach + Date Smoothie l www.SimplyScratch.com

It’s been forever and a day since I posted a beverage on here. Sorry ’bout that. I mostly drink lemon water or coffee, both of which are hardly blog-able.

But this weekend it was going down.

Honeyed Peach + Date Smoothie l www.SimplyScratch.com ingredients

I have had multiple bags of frozen fruit in their freezer for the past 6 months with no real plans on what to do with them. I guess when you’re a food hoarder like myself this is normal? I’m just going with that excuse anyway. So time after time of opening my freezer drawer, this weekend I figured I should probably put those to use and the perfect way to use up frozen fruit is to stuff them in a smoothie. So I yanked out the bag of peaches and pulled out my favorite spice, cardamom and threw that along with the remaining container of yogurt I had into my ancient blender for a fun and delicious smoothie twist.

Honeyed Peach + Date Smoothie l www.SimplyScratch.com ice

Soooo into my fossil of a blender I threw in a cup of ice.

Honeyed Peach + Date Smoothie l www.SimplyScratch.com dates

… the chopped dates…

Honeyed Peach + Date Smoothie l www.SimplyScratch.com 2 cups peaches

Two cups of frozen peaches… you could also nix the ice and up the peaches to three cups for a super peachy smoothie.

Honeyed Peach + Date Smoothie l www.SimplyScratch.com yogurt

Add in a cup of plain yogurt.

Honeyed Peach + Date Smoothie l www.SimplyScratch.com honey

… then a tablespoon of honey…

Honeyed Peach + Date Smoothie l www.SimplyScratch.com vanilla

…3/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract…

Honeyed Peach + Date Smoothie l www.SimplyScratch.com cardamom

… and a 1/8 teaspoon of ground cardamom. I just love cardamom and peaches together.

Honeyed Peach + Date Smoothie l www.SimplyScratch.com milk

Pour in a cup of milk and puree until smooth.

Honeyed Peach + Date Smoothie l www.SimplyScratch.com #smoothie

This spring-y smoothie is just peachy. Hahaha no really… it is! I love this smoothie… the peach and honey really do shine through and the dates only add to the sweetness.

Honeyed Peach + Date Smoothie via www.SimplyScratch.com

I recommend skipping the straws for the ultimate smoothie stache. Ohhhh yeah!

Honeyed Peach + Date Smoothie l www.SimplyScratch.com drink!

Bottoms up.

1/4 cup chopped Medjool Dates

1 cup Plain Yogurt

1 cup Milk

1 tablespoon Honey

3/4 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract

1/8 teaspoon Ground Cardamom

Add the ice, peach slices, chopped dates, yogurt, milk, honey, vanilla and cardamom to a blender and process until smooth. Insert straw and enjoy!

18 Responses to “Honeyed Peach and Date Smoothie”

Katie @ The Surly Housewife — April 8, 2014 at 12:45 am

My kids LOVE a good smoothie and I am always looking for ways to change it up. These look perfect. Thanks for sharing 🙂 pinned!

Marie @ Not Enough Cinnamon.com — April 8, 2014 at 12:51 am

Oh my! This smoothie is calling my name. It looks so delicious I want to make it right now, put my swimmers on and pretend I’m sipping this goodness by the pool. Never mind I don’t have a pool. Or frozen peaches. YUM!

cheri — April 8, 2014 at 6:39 am

I bet peaches and cardamom are perfect together, love that you added a few dates.

• Laurie McNamara replied: — April 9th, 2014 @ 10:11 am

Ohhhh Cheri they are! I add cardamom to pretty much anything peach or nectarine related. Yum!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — April 8, 2014 at 8:15 am

I love the combination of flavors in this! I used dates for the first time in a smoothie a few months ago, and just loved it. I went with banana–but this peach, cardamom duo sounds wonderful. Can’t get enough cardamom!

Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen — April 8, 2014 at 9:35 am

Love the flavors in this smoothie….especially the peaches and cardamom! I’ve been drinking the same smoothie for the past few weeks….I love it, but it’s time to change it up. Looking forward to adding this one into the mix!

Cassie — April 8, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Incredible, Laurie! I love the sound of peaches & dates together!

The Food Hound — April 8, 2014 at 4:26 pm

I have been on SUCH a smoothie kick lately- this is going on the list! Adding yogurt instead of just milk makes it a little more protein-licious as a breakfast, too. So glad you didn’t add kale to it. So glad 🙂

• Laurie McNamara replied: — April 9th, 2014 @ 10:08 am

Ha ha! Sometimes smoothies just need a break from it

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — April 8, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Great idea to sweeten the smoothie with dates. I always have dates kicking around (I’m a fellow food hoarder). YUM!

• Laurie McNamara replied: — April 9th, 2014 @ 10:07 am

Yes! So glad I’m not alone

meredith in sock monkey slippers — April 8, 2014 at 4:57 pm

These look just fab!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — April 8, 2014 at 5:24 pm

This is definitely my kind of smoothie! I love it!

JanetFCTC — April 8, 2014 at 7:05 pm

I absolutely love the flavor combos here. Dates are such an under rated fruit and tossing them into a smoothie with honey and peaches….? Oh my, I’m in love 😀

Maria | Pink Patisserie — April 9, 2014 at 9:02 am

Sounds divine! I adore peaches and dates and together I bet they are amazing. Cardamom is my favorite spice too. 🙂

• Laurie McNamara replied: — April 9th, 2014 @ 10:05 am

Thanks Maria ❤️

Rebecca {foodie with family} — April 11, 2014 at 11:19 am

It all sounded great, but where you REALLY pulled me in was with the cardamom. What an amazing combination!

Kelsey M — April 15, 2014 at 8:59 am

Yummy! I love peaches and frozen smoothies! Delicious!