Garlic Lemon Roasted Shrimp

Today is a special day for a wonderful friend, fellow Michigander and food blogger Liz {The Lemon Bowl}!

lizs-baby-shower

I’m super excited to be among some fabulous friends/bloggers throwing a virtual baby shower for such a wonderful person and her little lemon. I met Liz just this past June when a bunch of us shared a condo for the weekend in Austin, Texas for BlogHer Food ’13. It was an absolute blast and some of my favorite memories are when all of us would sit around and chit-chat late at night and of course this night. Liz is the absolute best and my go-to for smoothie inspiration and Middle Eastern recipes… and her basil pesto is pretty rad too.

Garlic and Lemon Roasted Shrimp Cocktail

The theme. EVERY shower should have a theme. So yes, you guessed it… lemons! We bloggers had to sign up to bring a dish and it had to include lemon… which just so happens to be one of my favorite ingredients. However I forgot that I signed up to bring an entree and for some reason I made more of an appetizer {whoops!} NOW who’s the one with pregnancy brain?! But let’s press on, we have a baby to celebrate and shrimp to eat!

Sooo to this shin-dig I brought roasted garlic lemon shrimp. Think of this as like scampi minus all that butter but just as delicious. You can serve it on a salad or with pasta. But today I’m serving these shrimp with Liz’s pesto that I made earlier in the year for a gluten free option. Just spoon a little pesto onto your plate and grab a few shrimp and you’re good to go. This is so light and flavorful that it will leave plenty of room for the yummy desserts that will most definitely follow!

shrimp collage

Shell, de-vein, rinse and pat try two pounds of shrimp. Since this is a virtual shower and I really don’t need to make three pounds to feed a bunch of real people, I scaled down my recipe, but the full recipe will be written below. :)

garlic olive oil

Drizzle with garlic infused olive oil.

salt and pepper

Season with two to three pinches of kosher salt and a generous pinch of kosher salt

toss

Mix all those together and preheat your oven to 400 degrees and go grab a sheet pan.

spread out

Arrange the shrimp on the sheet pan and pop into your preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.

parsley zest collage

Grab some parsley and the lemon zest.

parsley

Throw the parseley into a small glass and grab your kitchen shears.

scissor action

Snip, snip, snip the parsley.

chopped

See how easy? And you don’t even have to dirty a knife and cutting board.

zest

Add in the lemon zest…

snipped

And snip that too. This is another one of those great tips courtesy my mom. It’s not only fun… but you don’t dirty a knife and cutting board!

roasted

Now the shrimp is cooked and it smells AMAZING…

_DSC0173

Add the parsley and lemon zest to the shrimp and toss.

_DSC0272

It’s that simple.

Your tummy is waiting. ;)

*The recipe is below but first check out what else is being served at this virtual baby shower for Liz!

Appetizers

Beverages

Salads

Main Dish

Desserts

Roasted Lemon Garlic Shrimp

Roasted garlic shrimp are tossed with parsley and lemon zest for freshness!

Yield: 10-12 servings

Prep Time: 25

Cook Time: 8-10 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes

3 pounds Shrimp, peeled, deveined and rinsed

3 tablespoons Garlic Infused Olive Oil

Salt and Pepper to taste

2 tablespoons minced Parsley

3 teaspoons Lemon Zest

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Toss the clean shrimp in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 8-10 minutes.

In a small glass add the fresh parsley leaves. Using your kitchen shears, snip the parsley until it's minced very fine. Add in the lemon zest and give that a quick snip as well.

Toss the roasted shrimp with the parsley/zest mixture until combined and serve warm or at room temperature.

Serve with pasta, a salad or serve with fresh basil pesto.

45 Responses to “Garlic Lemon Roasted Shrimp”

Caroline Edwards — October 14, 2013 at 6:47 am

So simple and delicious! :D I love a quick dinner recipe. It was a pleasure bringing goodies to the baby shower with you, Laurie!

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:46 am

Thanks Caroline! Ditto my friend! :)

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen.com — October 14, 2013 at 7:17 am

We haven’t had shrimp in ages, my boys would go crazy for this! It is just perfect for Liz’s Shower!

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:56 am

Thanks! My kids would have totally loved it too… if I had saved them some {whoops!} :)

Steph (Poupetteinthekitchen) — October 14, 2013 at 7:36 am

These look so delicious and fresh Laurie! A nice break from all the heavier foods I’m sure to ingest to survive the arctic temperatures to come ;) Hope you’re having a great cooking long weekend!
    Best,
    Steph

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:55 am

Thanks Steph! It’s all I can look forward too! :)

Tieghan Gerard — October 14, 2013 at 8:15 am

These look so good! I love the lemon garlic flavor combo! Plus, it is so Liz too! What a fun and giant baby shower!

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:57 am

It is pretty giant… and this would’ve been the best fed crowd EVER!

Rachel Cooks — October 14, 2013 at 9:26 am

This looks phenomenal, Laurie!

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:47 am

Thanks Rachel! And great job getting this all organized! Xo

Denise — October 14, 2013 at 10:35 am

Hello,

Someone just turned me on to your blog and also “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook (also a blog). I’m so excited to look through your recipes. Denise

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:48 am

Hi Denise! Be sure to let me know which recipes you try and happy cooking!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — October 14, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Three cheers for Liz!! You’d think I were knocked up because I will be craving these like CRAY CRAY!!

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:48 am

HA! You think I was knocked up I was suppose to make a entree! WTF? ;)

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — October 14, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I can’t tell you how much I want to eat this right now!!!!!! Such bright and clean flavors – you know me too well. THANK YOU for coming to my shower!!! oxoxoxox

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:49 am

Liz I just adore you and I’m so happy to be apart of your special day! XO

Sandy Coughlin — October 14, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Main dish or not, this looks TASTY! Thanks for sharing!

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:50 am

Thanks Sandy! You’re the best!

Alyssa (Everyday Maven) — October 14, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I am a fan of shrimp in almost any form and this simple preparation sounds so easy and tasty!

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:57 am

Me too Alyssa! I’m like a bottomless pit when it comes to shrimp, well all food really. ;)

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — October 14, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I would totally eat 1800 pounds of this tasty looking shrimp. Can we PA-LEASE have a condocurse retreat?!!! I miss you and Liz.

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:52 am

I agree! Let’s do it… maybe after baby lemon is born? I’ll bring the 1800 l-b’s of shrimp! It could get smelly but who cares?!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — October 14, 2013 at 9:36 pm

These flavors could not be more perfect for shrimp. Love this!

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:55 am

Thanks Cassie! Miss you friend! XO

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — October 14, 2013 at 9:49 pm

We must have had the same craving. Apparently garlic lemon shrimp is the way to go! These look terrific.

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:52 am

You know what they say… great minds!

Sheila — October 14, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Ok this looks nommy nommy nom nom nom! I’m on my way over to DE-twah for this one ; )
    Hey hows bout them Tigs?! ;)
    Thanks for taking part in this very fun surprise for our gal Liz!!

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:54 am

Yes! You should come over to this side of the mitten and we could go to a game! Would you believe it if I told you I still haven’t gone to Comerica Park? So totally lame, I know. But YOU could change that!

Ps.. Thanks Sheila for helping pull this shin-dig together! You absolutely rock my socks girl! Xo

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — October 14, 2013 at 11:59 pm

I’m really loving the fresh, vibrant flavors in this!

• simplyscratch replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:55 am

Thanks Chung-Ah! :)

Des — October 15, 2013 at 12:58 am

Oh my gosh. I am drooling over these. They look amazing.

Faith (An Edible Mosaic) — October 15, 2013 at 1:57 am

I’m sort-of a shrimp addict, lol, and this recipe is right up my alley! Looks incredible!

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — October 15, 2013 at 2:08 pm

I don’t even like shrimp but with all that lemony goodness on there I think I’d love this! And I know Liz would. :)

Deborah — October 20, 2013 at 12:27 am

I want a dozen of these to myself!!

READ MORE — January 19, 2014 at 11:35 pm

I visited multiple web pages however the audio feature for audio songs present at this website is really excellent.

1. Pingback: Lemon Blueberry Macarons #babyshower | chocolate & carrots

2. Pingback: Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing

3. Pingback: Lemon Garlic Herb Marinated Olives with Feta - Sarah's Cucina Bella : Sarah's Cucina Bella

4. Pingback: Tipsy Lemonade Iced Tea | Cocktail Recipe | FamilyFreshCooking.com — Family Fresh Cooking

5. Pingback: Simple Lemon Basil Bruschetta Appetizer Recipe

6. Pingback: Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust |The Law Student's Wife |

7. Pingback: Pear Quinoa Salad for The Lemon Bowl's Baby | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening

8. Pingback: Kalamata Olive and Feta Dip with Baked Lemon Pepper Pita Chips | Aggie's Kitchen

9. Pingback: An Edible Mosaic » Limonana (Middle Eastern Frozen Mint Lemonade)…And a Surprise Baby Shower for Liz of The Lemon Bowl!

10. Pingback: 35+ Lemon Recipes and Feeling The Love - The Lemon Bowl