Tailgating with Simply Organic

Fall is officially here. This means that sports have most definitely taken over every TV and laptop {for that fantasy football business} in our home.

It’s a known thing that I don’t really get into sports; however the one thing I’ve always liked about the sport-filled-fall-season is the food. So when my friends at Simply Organic contacted me to come up with recipes to feature 3 of their spices plus an extract that would be suitable for tailgating. Well when it comes to food…you know I was all over it.

Tailgating Collage

Whether you’re at the stadium in a lawn chair with koozie in hand or throwing a shin-dig at your home, I have four delicious recipes that just about anybody will love and devour. {I know I did!}

TURMERIC:

_DSC0910

Okay so I’m all about roasting vegetables in the fall, and these easy roasted cauliflower florets call for turmeric, ginger and a little kick from red pepper flakes {to name a few} and who can resist roasted cauliflower? No. One.

Serve these up with a simple cilantro yogurt sauce and get-to-dipping!

CAYENNE:

_DSC0356

If you like things spicy then bring on the heat with the help of cayenne pepper! The homemade barbecue sauce is super easy, spicy and you can make this whole thing in a skillet in your oven or a crock pot to take virtually anywhere!

CUMIN:

_DSC0060

Lentil sloppy joe sliders will be the hit of your sport gathering! These joes are a much healthier option to the traditional recipe and the filling can be kept warm in a crock pot. Win! Another win is that the simple ingredients that make up this lentil joe filling you should be able to find right in your pantry. Lentils, check. Cumin, check. Simply fill up a whole wheat bun and then top the finished joe with a fresh cilantro cabbage slaw for a little crunch and you’ve got a perfect hand-held portable sandwich!

VANILLA EXTRACT:

_DSC0794

Finally what tailgating party is complete without a little chocolate stout cupcake? I know! Chocolate and stout together in one handheld cake! Oh and they also come with a brown butter frosting and topped with chopped maple glazed bacon. Extreme? Maybe. Delicious? Heck yes! The vanilla extract really gives the chocolate-stout cake a delicious warmth… this is my newest cupcake obsession!

I really enjoyed creating {and eating} these recipes and I hope they grace your tailgate this season!

{Stay tuned to SS for the step-by-steps recipe breakdowns!}

*ALSO be sure to stop by the Simply Organic website to get these recipes, you can also follow them on twitter, facebook and pinterest!*

15 Responses to “Tailgating with Simply Organic”

.Rina@Itheecook — September 23, 2013 at 6:40 am

Great recipe ideas and a gorgeous spread also!

• simplyscratch replied: — September 23rd, 2013 @ 10:07 pm

Thank you Rina!

Paula - bell'alimento — September 23, 2013 at 2:45 pm

That might be the pretties tailgating spread I’ve ever seen!

• simplyscratch replied: — September 23rd, 2013 @ 10:06 pm

Thanks Paula!

Jeanne (NanaBread) — September 24, 2013 at 9:14 am

Fabulous football line-up, Laurie! I love Simply Organic spices and recently started replacing all of my old out-of-date spices with their line of spices. They are always so gorgeous and aromatic. Love, love, love them. And I’m totally craving that roasted cauliflower now. Yum!

• simplyscratch replied: — September 24th, 2013 @ 8:27 pm

Thank you Jeannneee! that roasted cauli is SO SO SO good! :)

Megan {Country Cleaver} — September 24, 2013 at 10:20 am

Can I come and tailgate at your house?!? That is some killer football food right tthere!

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — September 24, 2013 at 11:53 am

LAURIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is da’bomb! Seriously, I am completely smitten with this tailgate. Gorgeous pics and yummy foods, high-fives all around my dear!

• simplyscratch replied: — September 24th, 2013 @ 8:30 pm

Thanks my friend! True story… I’ve never tailgated in my life, so THIS is what it looks like in my head :)

Jackie {The Beeroness} — September 24, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Beautiful! I so wish we had a football team in LA, I would so love to tailgate. I might just have to move to an NFL city just for the football food opportunities.

• simplyscratch replied: — September 24th, 2013 @ 8:31 pm

Ummm there’s a house for sale in my neighborhood… just sayin’ :)

Jenn {http://atoasttothegoodlife.com} — September 24, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Beautiful spread! The bacon cupcakes I certainly have to try. And what a cute theme!! Perfect for fall.

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — September 25, 2013 at 12:09 am

Excellent tailgating post, Laurie! Everything looks dang delicious. I dig how you roll. Read your About page and agree with every single word…in my heart and mind. We share the same philosophies on good food and sound nutrition from scratch…without those nasty food additives. Terrific styling and photography here, too. Love that collage in the top pic. Looking forward to sharing more ‘from scratch’ recipes with you via our blogs. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I’m so glad to have found yours!

• simplyscratch replied: — September 25th, 2013 @ 9:55 am

Thank you Stacy! I’m also happy I found your blog! You know what they say… great minds think alike :)

1. Pingback: Organic recipes for fall: September web finds | The Cayenne Room