BlogHer Food 2013 :Thank You STAR!

Last Thursday I left… on a jet plane.

That’s the song I decided to sing days before I was about to board the plane. It’s annoying… and it most likely will get stuck in your head now.

I should be sorry… but I’m not.

leaving

So yes  I got onto a plane, BY MYSELF! But first I found myself a Caribou Coffee, texted my family and friends goodbye and headed to Austin.

C360_2013-06-07-19-43-50-186_1

What is BlogHer Food? Think of 500+ enthused food bloggers that have gathered together to eat, drink, learn, socialize and talk about their love for food. To my husband this sounds like a nightmare… to me… it was amazing!

White on Rice Couple

This was my first conference ever, and it was a biggin. I sat in sessions that talked about how to better your cell phone photography, write a cookbook {hey, you never know} and more. What I took out of it was I need an iPhone, writing a cookbook isn’t as easy as it sounds and always, ALWAYS carry business cards. You never know when you might win a $250 gift card to Whole Foods! {oh yes I did!}

But really whether it was in a session lead by Todd and Diane, at a table with several margaritas or in the condo with some of my favorite food bloggers, once the whole weekend was over I walked away with a wealth of knowledge, inspiration and wonderful friendships too. I got to meet lots of bloggers in person that I’ve read and loved over the past 4 years, and there are no words to describe that feeling. It was an amazing experience to say the least. I’ll talk more about that on my second post!

STAR Collage

All of this was made possible by my friends at STAR Fine Foods. STAR was awesome enough to sponsor Megan and myself so we could help spread the word about STAR in Austin! While we were there Megan and I gave away some STAR swag to some lucky bloggers that we bumped into. It was such a fun time!

Thank you STAR, from the bottom of my heart! Thank you for the constant support, the endless bottles of olive oil and for sending me to Texas!

I love all of you and feel so grateful to have had this opportunity!

10 Responses to “BlogHer Food 2013 :Thank You STAR!”

April — June 13, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Looks like you had a blast! Can’t wait to read about the rest!

Magnolia Wambach — June 13, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Wow! What a wonderful experience! It seems you had loads of fun and learned a lot from this conference. Must have felt good to meet all your favorite bloggers for the first time, exchange ideas with them and just have a good time! You even got lucky and won some stuff, how awesome is that? Will surely wait for the continuation of this saga of yours, so keep me posted. :)

MC@ThousandStoryKitchen — June 13, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I love reading about conferences because I’m kinda dreaming about the day I attend my first food blogger’s conference. So glad you had a lot of fun. Maybe next year we’ll run into each other…

Tieghan Gerard — June 13, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Looks like so much fun!!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — June 13, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Wow there are some really pretty girls in this post! HAHA Loved the first part of this recap. YOU are truly amazing and it was so nice to finally meet you!

cassie — June 14, 2013 at 11:33 am

So, so, SO happy to have met you. Can’t wait till next time! xoxo

• simplyscratch replied: — June 14th, 2013 @ 1:40 pm

ME TOO Cassie! XO

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — June 14, 2013 at 3:40 pm

So wish I could have gone – what an amazing weekend!

Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen — June 18, 2013 at 11:10 am

So bummed I didn’t make it this year….definitely joining in the fun next year!!

1. Pingback: BlogHer Food 2013 Recap - What Jew Wanna Eat