Guest Post at Tablespoon.com : Italian Bento Box

I don’t know about you, but I’ve been seeing bento boxes popping-up everywhere. I’ve seen them on Pinterest, Instagram and okay… so that’s about it. But I’ve never really made one until I was asked by the good peeps at Tablespoon to create one. Now, as you can guess… I’m bento-ing all of my lunches, my kids lunches… etc.

italian-bento-box-hero

What makes this box fun is that it’s a Italian themed bento with a Japanese twist. “Sushi” like Italian roll-ups, pesto orzo that looks a little like rice, and melon balls with a tangy balsamic drizzle with sesame seed for dessert. All of this packaged up together to make one convenient lunch!

For the full recipes and step-by-step “how to’s” for each recipe, head on over to Tablespoon and check it out!

9 Responses to “Guest Post at Tablespoon.com : Italian Bento Box”

Tieghan Gerard — March 25, 2013 at 8:20 am

Oh man that little box is SO and geez its contents look even better!!!

Rina@Itheecook — March 25, 2013 at 9:04 am

This look so good! I make bento lunches for my daughter every school day. She loves the heart shaped mini sandwiches the best.

Fran — March 25, 2013 at 9:38 am

How fun… I need to look into this bento thing! :)

Jennifer @ Mother Thyme — March 25, 2013 at 9:45 am

These are adorable! I love the Italian twist!

Katie — March 25, 2013 at 9:58 am

What a great idea, have never heard of these bento boxes before! They look so tasty so will have to give them a try out!

a farmer in the dell — March 25, 2013 at 5:30 pm

these are genius!

Sarah @ An Apple A Day — March 25, 2013 at 8:30 pm

I love this. What a great idea to make it Italian themed. I love packing a good lunch and this is sparking so many great ideas, thank you!

Samuel Williams — March 26, 2013 at 3:55 am

OMG. Love this idea! It looks so yummy, and I’m sure the one who’s going to eat this will have a feeling of fullness and satisfaction! I am always preparing my lunch or food before going to work, because for me, packed lunch is yummier and healthier than any other food in the fast food or stalls or cafe etc. Can’t wait to try Italian Bento Box, thanks so much! :)

dresses for summer — June 30, 2013 at 8:13 am

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a doubt donate to this outstanding blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group.
    Talk soon!