Honey-Teriyaki Glazed Salmon with Stir-Fry Veggies

It was a girl’s weekend and it was fun! Had a few of my sisters and my mom over for a birthday celebration! Here’s what went down…

Drinks: Homemade margaritas are my favorite drink of choice {or any other scrumptious bevvy really}! These were possibly the best margaritas I’ve ever sipped on in my life!

Sisters… can ya tell?

… of course there’s laughing, and lots of it.

Last but not least; there is always ALWAYS some kind of yummy dinner! I like ones that are made extra special because you get to use chopsticks! Honestly I’m getting better and better by the meal! For shizzles.

Speaking of yummy dinners… Who wants salmon? Or sal-man as my husband likes to call it.

Honey-Teriyaki Glazed Salmon with Stir-Fry Veggies

Because I have a super easy and super tasty salmon recipe for you today! Everyone say yayyyy!

Start this party off with four 4 ounce slabs of salmon. I sprayed the above non-stick pan with my misto before placing the salmon on it. I know I said this pan is non-stick… but can’t ever trust non-stick and salmon. {you’re saying sal-man in your head aren’t you?}

Mince up about a tablespoon of peeled, fresh ginger and two cloves of garlic. Scoot those into a small bowl and set them off to the side for now.

In a different small bowl add three tablespoons of oyster sauce. This is good I promise… Don’t.Be.Afraid.

Then measure and add two tablespoons of a good Teriyaki sauce and add that to the bowl as well.

Measure about two tablespoons of honey and add this too.

Stir and divided this mixture in half.

You’ll need half of it for glazing the slabs-o-salmon. {salman, ha!} Just brush or spoon the glaze all over the tops and sides.

Pop the sal-man salmon {sorry I’ll stop} into your preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the salmon is cooked and flakes.

While the salmon is in the oven, you’ve already chopped a small head of broccoli. Broccolini would be yummy in this too!

And you’ve washed them along with the snow peas too riiiiight?

Grab two {washed} baby bok choy’s and trim off the bottom.

Give them a coarse chop.

In a hot wok {medium-high heat} add a tablespoon of sesame oil along with another half tablespoon of a light oil. i.e. grapeseed or extra light olive oil.

Remember the garlic and ginger you minced… add it to the hot oil.

Stir it around for a minute.

Then dump in the broccoli and snow peas. Stir occasionally and cook for 3 minutes.

Add in the bok choy and toss cooking it for a minute.

Add in the reserved honey teriyaki glaze.

Stir and cook for a few minutes longer. I also made some rice and so I laid down a spoonful of white rice, a generous spoonful of the veggies and topped my bowl with a nicely glazed piece of salmon. Life was now complete.

My oldest pointed these cool little doohickeys out at the grocery store. We all used chopsticks with dinner tonight. Super fun times!

Honey-Teriyaki Glazed Salmon with Stir-Fry Veggies

My girls even gobbled this up and I’m looking forward to my lunch leftovers tomorrow… if I can wait that long.

Honey-Teriyaki Glazed Salmon with Stir-Fry Veggies2

Honey-Teriyaki Glazed Salmon with Stir-Fry Veggies

Yield: serves 4

4 {4 ounce} pieces of Fresh Salmon

3 tablespoons Oyster Sauce

2 tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce

2 tablespoons Honey

1 tablespoon Sesame Oil

2 cloves Fresh Garlic, minced

1 tablespoon minced Fresh Ginger

2 whole Baby Bok Choy, core trimmed and roughly chopped

1 small head of Broccoli, florets trimmed

1 cup Snow Peas

Cooked Rice, for serving

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a non-stick sheet pan with olive oil and place the salmon on the sheet pan.

Mix together the oyster sauce, teriyaki sauce and honey in a small bowl and divide it in half. Glaze the salmon with one half of the glaze and place it in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes

Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add in a tablespoon of sesame oil and a half tablespoon of another light oil {grapeseed}, add in garlic and ginger and stir for one minute. Add in the broccoli and the snow peas and cook for three minutes. Next add in the chopped baby bok choy and cook for a minute or two. Add in the reserved glaze and cook for two minutes more.

Remove the salmon from the oven. Fill a bowl with rice, and top that with the veggies and glazed salmon.

31 Responses to “Honey-Teriyaki Glazed Salmon with Stir-Fry Veggies”

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking — April 30, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Looks like you had a fab girls' weekend, Laurie! Thanks for sharing your pictures and this dynamite salmon recipe. It looks SO delicious and definitely worth a try in my kitchen. Have a great day!

Megan Pence — April 30, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Well hello healthy noms! I could totally go for this baby after my weekend of margaritas and family time, too!! Looks like a blast with the girls :)

Kristina — April 30, 2012 at 2:50 pm

This meal sounds so good! And so perfect for a girls weekend! haha and i love the chopstick helpers, definitely need to pick a few of those up before I try this dish… :)

RecipeGirl — April 30, 2012 at 3:31 pm

My kind of meal- perfecto!

Julie @ Table for Two — April 30, 2012 at 3:39 pm

this looks really good! i love teriyaki sauce! it looks like you and your sisters & mom had a blast :) so fun to have sisters, i've always wanted one..except i'm not good at sharing haha ;)

Cassie/Bake Your Day — April 30, 2012 at 7:26 pm

We very often make homemade margaritas…there is really nothing better. Except when they are paired with salmon. THEN there is really nothing better. This sounds perfect!

Rouge — April 30, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Yum, can you also one day do a salmon in a lemon butter with herbs. No good recipe out there for it.

Rouge — April 30, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Yum, can you please also do a salmon in a lemon butter recipe with herbs. No good recipe out there for it.

Thank you!

RavieNomNoms — April 30, 2012 at 8:06 pm

This looks awesome!!! Love salmon

Julia @The Roasted Root — April 30, 2012 at 8:13 pm

What a fun weekend! Salmon, stir fry veggies and cocktails sounds like the perfect girl's evening! Great recipe!

Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper — April 30, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I've been having some ridiculous cravings for salmon. This looks delicious!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — May 1, 2012 at 1:49 am

What a great meal to make for the gals! everything looks so tasty!

S.V. — May 1, 2012 at 2:38 am

Great photos of your family. The food looks delicious, looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

kita — May 1, 2012 at 3:38 am

Im so far behind on my reader and it goes against all of my blog reading ocd to jump ahead but I had to tell you how delicious this salmon looked.

Anonymous — May 1, 2012 at 4:09 am

What a fun weekend! And this is definitely my kind of dish! I have to incorporate more seafood into my diet so this is absolutely perfect :)

dvaaunaturel — May 1, 2012 at 11:45 am

Looks awesome! I definitely will make this. But, I want the margarita recipe too. Yummy! Looks like you all had a great time, thanks for sharing.

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — May 1, 2012 at 1:36 pm

This looks gorgeous! Love the flavor on the sauce for the salmon! I need those chopstick helpers, I am a total mess with chopsticks!

Sassy Girl Cooks — May 1, 2012 at 3:51 pm

This looks so good!! What a great meal!

Catalina @ Cake with Love — May 1, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I love homemmade margaritas!! The fist looks delicious!!

ourkitcheninventions — May 1, 2012 at 5:52 pm

My oh, my….those margaritas look divine…and Cinco de Mayo is JUST around the corner..what great timing..

Susan

ourkitcheninventions — May 1, 2012 at 6:58 pm

We've nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award over at Our Kitchen Inventions. Keep up the great posts! Susan

Meg (The Red Spoon) — May 2, 2012 at 12:22 am

Love, love, love your pictures Laurie! Your food always looks so delicious. PS I neeeeed those chopstick helpers – I am so challenged in that department and thus fork dependent. I wish my grocery store was as cool as yours. I"ll have to find them somewhere else.

kale — May 2, 2012 at 6:47 am

Love these pics! Makes me miss my sis though. :(

Laura — May 2, 2012 at 7:23 am

You have a beautiful blog with so many inspiring posts! Congrats on your work!
    Would you like to keep in touch following each other?

Jacob Chadwick — May 6, 2012 at 11:55 pm

What?! no margarita recipe?

Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana — May 22, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Mmm…can’t wait to try this one! I love oyster sauce and we’re trying to eat more salmon in our house :)

Taylor — May 22, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Looks like you had a fun girls weekend! Love this recipe – looks healthy and easy…perfect for a weeknight dinner!

Cecilia — June 4, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Made this tonight and my family loved it! Thank you for a great recipe!

hemorrhoids — July 25, 2013 at 9:01 am

I really love your website.. Great colors & theme. Did you develop this web site yourself?
    Please reply back as I’m attempting to create my very own website and want to find out where you got this from or just what the theme is called. Kudos!

GoKarenGo — November 15, 2013 at 10:04 am

First of all: I made this this week, and it was awesome. And secondly, my husband actually referred to it as sal-mon while I was cooking. What is up with that?

1. Pingback: Easter Weekend « The Whisky Sauce Co