Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Butter

It’s never, EVER a good idea to eat this butter if you have to do one or more of the following in the same day…

• Stand out at the bus stop and carrying a convo with other moms… they may be offended by your breath and never talk to you again… wait… that could be a good thing… depending. Let’s move on.
  • Stop in your kids classroom and find yourself having to talk to her teacher… and she’s one of those close-in-your-face chatty types.
  • If you have plans for a “date night”… unless you don’t plan to kiss, hug, talk or breath in his/hers direction {if you both eat it, then you’re golden and this rule can be overlooked}.
  • If you have a dentist appointment. AWKWARD!
  • Kiss anyone… even your mother, and specifically NO blowing kisses {yikes}.
  • Tuck your kids in for bed… they’ll most likely refuse any kiss or hug from you.
  • Going on a job interview… could ruin your chances of landing the job… just sayin.
  • Getting married.
  • Yell, cheer or even the smallest whisper.

Consume this butter responsibly…

This butter can be spread on any kind of bread you like. It can also replace butter in pretty much any savory dish, vegetable or pie crust… OH THE POSSIBILITIES!!

Check out this olive oil! There’s REAL rosemary in there!!

Slice off the top of the garlic bulb to expose all the cloves.

Drizzle with the rosemary infused olive oil… or any other infused oil or regular olive oil will work.

Cover tightly with tinfoil and place in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for one hour.

All the magic happens in your oven, and when that hour is up and you peel back the foil… it should look like this. Give it a chance to cool down before you handle it… this mo-fo is HOT.

Add the stick of room temperature butter to a mini-processor.

Squeeze in the whole head of roasted garlic.

Pour in any remaining oil left over.

Pulse until butter is whipped and the garlic cloves are chopped.

Plop the butter onto some wax or parchment paper.

Roll tight. Kinda like you’d roll up sushi… not that I’ve ever rolled sushi… But I think you get the idea.

Squeeze the butter so it forms a log and continue to roll.

Twist the ends and refrigerate until ready to use.

It’s magic… truly.

The garlic is gaw-licky… and the rosemary is subtle… it made my lame, tasteless plain bagel… jazzy!

Seriously so good. And I can’t wait to make mashed potatoes with the rest of my butter. You have to try this… it’s sooo easy!!

Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Butter

Yield: 1 stick/log

Prep Time: 1 hour 10 minutes

1 stick of Salted Butter, softened

1 head of Garlic

1 tablespoon Rosemary Infused Olive Oil

Kosher Salt and Black Pepper

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Slice a 1/2 inch of the top of the head of garlic. Place the garlic in an oven safe dish, then drizzle with a tablespoon or so of infused olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap the dish tightly with aluminum foil and place in oven for 1 hour.

Remove and discard the aluminum foil. Let cool. Meanwhile cut up the butter and place it into a mini-food processor. Squeeze the head of garlic over the butter to release the roasted garlic cloves. Add any remaining oil from baking dish and pulse the butter until fluffy, leaving the garlic cloves slightly chunky.

Wrap in parchment or wax paper, twist the ends and refrigerate until ready to use.

33 Responses to “Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Butter”

jessica @ How Sweet It Is — October 27, 2011 at 12:59 pm

sooo… can i eat this with a spoon?

Desi — October 27, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Wow I've GOT to make this! I love rosemary and olive oil bagels, so I know I'd love the butter version (+ garlic) on a bagel, plus more!! That's some beautiful butter right there.

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — October 27, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Jessica… yeah duh!? 😉

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — October 27, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Desi~ You're gonna LoVe it!

Allison at Novice Life — October 27, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Oh gosh, this sounds great! I must find time to do this!! Hmmm, and I think I know what to do with all my rosemary now too 🙂

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — October 27, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Totally Allison! If you want more of a pronounced rosemary flavor, chop some up add add it in! 🙂

Susan Lindquist — October 27, 2011 at 1:59 pm

We just cut our rosemary back before the first frost … this butter is headed straight for a loaf of the Challah that I made yesterday!

How lucky was I to stop in here this morning?!

RavieNomNoms — October 27, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Oh my goodness that looks amazing! I would eat that butter ALL THE TIME! I am such a garlic person, even more so when it is roasted. How delicious!

Jennifurla — October 27, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I might have to make this for neighbors, it would be such a departure from the normal Xmas cookie basket. Thanks for the idea.

Cassie//Bake Your Day — October 27, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Oh, I love roasted garlic…this is so creative. I love it already!

Lizzy — October 27, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Oh, I love this! It would be so fabulous on so many dishes…steaks, veggies, etc. And had to giggle at your list…I eat a lot of garlicky hummus and now you've given me a complex 😉 LOL…

Mandy @ Cater to Me — October 27, 2011 at 5:31 pm

I love compound butter so much, and I love roasted garlic even more. I don't care how strongly it smells, it tastes way too good not to eat!

Shutterbug — October 27, 2011 at 5:48 pm

you just have to brush your teeth and rinse with mouthwash and you are good to go!

Bev Weidner (Bev Cooks) — October 27, 2011 at 6:00 pm

I've made this! And dude, you're right. If you plan on…oh…BREATHING OR TALKING…reconsider.

It's bad to the bone, though. So good.

Heather @ Heathers Dish — October 27, 2011 at 6:23 pm

I'm thinking of taking a bath in this…good idea or no? 🙂

Andrea the Kitchen Witch — October 27, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I have GOT to make this!! I plan on eating it before school drop off so those annoying moms will leave me alone 🙂 See, recipe and social advice all in one blog, LOVE that 🙂 Seriously this sounds amazing. Mashed potatoes w this butter, WOW!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — October 27, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Andrea… exactly my thoughts!

Maria @ Orchard Bloom — October 27, 2011 at 8:01 pm

this sounds amazing. I love garlic, so this is right up my alley.

Cucina49 — October 27, 2011 at 8:45 pm

That looks SO good–I will definitely make it for my husband, who literally cannot eat enough butter (and yet stays whippet-thin).

Sabrina-eat.drink.and be merry. — October 28, 2011 at 2:20 am

OMG! This is awesome! your post is hilarious!

Erin — October 28, 2011 at 2:48 am

Yum, I love roasted garlic! Rosemary is my favorite bagel at our local shop – this would be a great thing to put on a plain bagel, when I can't get to the store! Oh, how many other things I can think to do with this!

Hollie — October 28, 2011 at 4:02 am

I think this will be great on pumpkin seeds!!

CouponClippingCook — October 28, 2011 at 5:24 am

Love how easy this is and the roasted garlic must add such a nice taste to this butter. This would make a nice homemade gift basket item for the holidays too.

Baker Street — October 28, 2011 at 6:49 am

Gorgeous gorgeous clicks!

kat — August 25, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Oh my gosh, that looks super delicious!! I love making these types of butter for garlic bread and stuff! But now I need to try it with bagels!! Thanks so much for the recipe, I am super excited to try! 🙂

Tammy — April 8, 2014 at 3:45 pm

OMG!! I’ve never roasted garlic before (but will be again!). This is amazing! We tried it on your Black Pepper + Chive Buttermilk Biscuits and it was too many different flavours. I was wonderful on plain toast though!

I just hope no one comes to the door for a few days!

• Laurie McNamara replied: — April 9th, 2014 @ 9:28 pm

HAHA! I’m so glad Tammy! Yes one definitely needs to steer clear of people for a few days after consuming. 🙂

1. Pingback: Flavored Butters « she cooks, he eats

2. Pingback: Rosemary Garlic Butter «

3. Pingback: Roasted Garlic-Infused Butter & My Latest Kitchen Fails | cocina de cella

4. Pingback: Juicer vs. Food Processor vs. Blender: Which Should You Buy?

5. Pingback: Roasted Garlic-Infused Butter & My Latest Kitchen Fails - cocina de cellacocina de cella

6. Pingback: Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Butter recipe – 07Recipes