Banana Nutella Split

Nutella has been all up in my face lately. I see it on commercials, on websites and at the grocery store… and as of last Tuesday, I’ve never had it. I know “tisk-tisk” some of you are saying, but for some reason I was terribly uninterested in trying it.

5496845795_d8ae54e32c_o

Until… I caved. Well let me just tell you, I wish I never tried the stuff… because now all I can think about is “MMM this would be good dipped in Nutella, and how about Nutella on this… and Ooooh yeah some Nutella on that” and frankly I’m getting quite annoyed. No worries, I still love it! But what is a girl to do to get Nutella off her brain??? Share it with you… my friends… yesssss. This isn’t a real “scratchy” recipe post I know, but more of a “get Nutella of my brain” and on to yours kind of post.

Here is my newest and most favorite way to use this hazel-nutty spread.

*Oh… and the favor part? If you want to head over to Babble and vote for me aka *Simply Scratch* … that would be totally awesome of you! And those who’ve already voted, I LOVE YOU and Thanks!

If you have a banana, some coconut and of course… the Nutella, then you’ve got a pretty healthy breakfast or snack.

Take the banana. It can be a green un-ripened banana or a very ripened banana like mine… doesn’t matter… one thing for sure is that we all like our bananas different.

Peel and slice it in half lengthwise.

Spread on some of that Nutella goodness.

Sprinkle with a little or…

… a lot of coconut {sweetened or unsweetened, you pick}. Try the coconut toasted too… omg.

Sandwich it with the other half of the banana… slather on some more Nutella and sprinkle with more coconut if you want.

Look it square in the eye…

Yes I’m aware… bananas don’t have eyes.

Unhinge your jaw and inhale it like no one is looking.

I promise you will agree that this makes a lovely breakfast!

But if you don’t have the coconut… just a banana and some Nutella is a match made in heaven!

Now don’t forget to head over to Babble and vote!

Xo

14 Responses to “Banana Nutella Split”

Sprinkles of Parsley — March 8, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I thought I was the only one left on this planet who's never had nutella before. I think it's official- we were the last two standing and I'm the sole survivor. It's time I give it a try- starting with your awesome bananas! Such a great idea!

Voted- maybe twice too hehe.

Laurie @simplyscratch — March 8, 2011 at 7:25 pm

So glad to know I'm not the only one! 🙂

Damaris @Kitchen Corners — March 8, 2011 at 8:29 pm

just voted for you. Good luck

Wanna Be A Country Cleaver — March 8, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Banana, Coconut and Nutella? Three of my all time favorite things!! Yum! (whoops – I just drooled on my keyboard.) 🙂

missy — March 8, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Love this blog!!! I found you on Food Gawker about a month, and have been following you ever since. I LOVE Nutella. Here is a link to super tasty Nutella dip I made.
    Keep up the great work, and I voted for you over at Babble.

The Food Hound — March 9, 2011 at 1:06 am

I read this post when I was at work today and because of it, I slathered Nutella on baguette as part of my dinner. The Booze Hound is out for the night. This is what happens 🙂

Lindsay in Spain — March 9, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Mmmm. I love me some Nutella! Sometimes I have a straight up spoonful if the moment calls for a rich, chocolatey treat. 🙂 I love the addition of coconut, too!

Pistachio and Rose — March 9, 2011 at 1:02 pm

The simple idea's are always the best! Im just off to buy a jar of nutella now! You have a really lovely blog here. Sam

Pretend Chef — March 9, 2011 at 1:17 pm

#80 to LIKE you on Babble! Congratulations for making it onto that list! I'm one who has not jumped on board the Nutella train yet. I'm scared to. I hear that Nutella is highly contagious and once you start cooking and blogging about it you get consumed with it's delicious hazelnutty chocolatey goodness. I'm too weak minded for Nutella's powers. Someday I'll cave too.

Pretend Chef — March 9, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Mary — March 12, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Mmmmm, Nutella! I only buy a jar every few years, because I just cannot stop until I've eaten the whole thing, either on toast or just a spoon. My advice is just to finish it off and try to forget about it! Heading over the Babble now.
    🙂

Jamie — March 30, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I love the final picture! the placement, the colours, the treatment and the textures! Also this looks veeeery good.

I just recently used nutella in cookies:

Momma Jorje — January 28, 2012 at 10:21 pm

I remember seeing the ads all the danged time. It looked good, but I was afraid to spend the $ on it if it sucked. Then my brother served some to me with Italian Wafers for dessert.

O.M.G!

Oh yeah, I was totally addicted! One of my favorite ways to eat it at the time was on graham crackers with marshmallow fluff (instant s'more!).

Later, I loved to just eat it

katie.michelle — May 8, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Sounds AMAZING. I'm going to try this with homemade Nutella (wish me luck)! Silly question, though. WHERE did you get your beautiful plates?!